The estate has been established in Vosne-Romanée since the end of the 18th century. After the dark periods of the late 19th and early 20th centuries (phylloxera, mildew, powdery mildew, wars of 1870 and 1914-1918), it was Joseph Brosson, the maternal grandfather of Bruno Clavelier, who really developed the estate between the years of 1935-1955. Until taken over by Bruno, the production was sold in casks to traders and in particular to Maison Clavelier, run at the time by the paternal branch of the family.
The family plots, which are the basis of the estate, are not the only heritage. Over the years, Bruno Clavelier built a new winery and equipped it, taking advantage of the qualitative progress of modern equipment (pneumatic press, sorting table, etc.). He built a storage and bottling cellar and enlarged the aging cellar to accommodate barrels from two vintages. In 2003, his wife Valérie officially joined the domain. A few new plots have been added to the family vines to form an estate which today covers 6.5 hectares.