The vineyards of Fourcas were first referenced on a map designed by Belleyme, who was the geographical engineer of Louis XV. In 1843, the lawyer Jean Baptiste Antoine Dupré, a member of the Bordeaux Appeal Court, acquired the vineyard, and in 1844 Château Fourcas Dupré was born. The cellars, buildings, as well as the château itself were completely renovated. Today, a new, fully-functioning fermenting room and refurbished cellars for storing and packing complement the original rooms. The château now belongs to a family-owned company managed by Patrice Pagès.